Benefits of Using a Pet Sitter
Using a professional pet sitter reaps benefits for both pets and pet parents.
Once you experience professional pet care in your home, you'll never worry about being away from your pet again.
For the Pets:
Benefits to your pets include:
- Staying at home in his/her safe, secure environment
- Being surrounded by familiar sights, smells and sounds
- Following his/her regular diet and exercise routine
- Having play time
- Receiving love and personal attention
- Maintaining medical treatment, when required
- Having someone responsible in case of an emergency
- Eliminating the trauma of travel or an unfamiliar environment
- Helping to ensure good health (no exposure to other animals' illness or parasites)
For the Pet Parent:
Benefits to you include:
- Knowing that your pet is in caring, loving hands
- Having the confidence that the pet sitter can deal with other issues - such as grooming, vet visits
- Eliminating the trauma of having to transport and leave your pet
- Not having to impose on family, friends or neighbors
- Feeling your home is more secure (with someone going in and out several times a day)
Not all pet sitters are created equal, nor are they all professional. In hiring a pet sitter, it is important to make sure you have chosen the right person to care for your beloved animal.
Why should you choose a NAPPS pet sitter?
Because not every pet sitter is equally professional and competent.
- NAPPS pet sitters have made an investment in their clients and their business.
- NAPPS pet sitters who also volunteer for NAPPS show that they are taking a leadership role in the pet sitting industry.
- NAPPS members can network with pet sitters across the country to get ideas, ask questions, and stay informed.
- NAPPS pet sitters have free education and resources at their fingertips which they can use to take the very best care of your pets.
- NAPPS promotes their members' professional integrity through its Pledge of Professional Conduct.
- NAPPS also advances members' professional and business development through an Annual Conference, educational tools and a certification program.
|NAPPS encourages pet parents to check references on pet sitters prior to hiring. We also recommend reviewing the Pet Parents section of our website, for important tools, such as the Hiring a Pet Sitter, before interviewing or securing a pet sitter. You also may want to request a recent background check as well as proof of insurance and bonding during the interview.
The NAPPS certified logo signifies NAPPS member companies that have successfully completed the NAPPS certification examination.
The National Association of Professional Pet Sitters (NAPPS) is an educational organization and does not inspect nor police member businesses. Our Pet Sitter Locator Service information is provided simply as a courtesy and we assume no liability in making this contact information available to the general public. Users of this referral tool explicitly agree to hold NAPPS harmless from complaints, damages or actual loss incurred as a result of information or referrals obtained here. Pet parents seeking a professional pet sitter or other pet care provider bear sole responsibility for interviewing and verifying all of the credentials or any business representative whether they are located on the NAPPS website or elsewhere.
The Association does not endorse or indemnify any individual member or their business. Should a pet sitting client have any problems, disputes or questions regarding an Association Member, these should be taken up with the Association Member directly.
The Association does not become involved in Association Member/client relationships or conflicts under any circumstances.
If you have come in contact with a pet sitter who claims to be a current member of the organization or displays a NAPPS logo but isn’t on the locator, please contact our staff to confirm membership.
© 2016_NAPPS. The National Association of Professional Pet Sitters (NAPPS) membership list is strictly confidential and for the use of pet owners in search of a
professional pet sitter or for members to locate other members. Solicitation of NAPPS members for any reason is strictly forbidden, except as approved by the Board of
Directors. Failure to comply will result in loss of membership and violators are subject to prosecution under copyright law statutes.