NAPPS Certification Course
The NAPPS Certification Course is a broad-range and in-depth self-paced course covering all topics relevant to pet sitting, including pet care, health, nutrition and behavior for a variety of animals. It also includes business development and management, pet safety and a complete pet first aid course. The NAPPS Certification acknowledges that the pet sitter is a serious professional who has obtained a high level of expertise through his/her study. Once you have purchased the course, you will receive immediate access to begin taking the course.
Passing Score - Once you complete and submit the entire course/exam, you will be notified via email of your results. Successful completion of the NAPPS Certification (a passing overall score of 75% or better must be obtained), if you do not pass the course/exam, you are eligible to re-take the course/exam one additional time at no cost.
Marketing Tools - Upon successful completion of your NAPPS Certification, you will receive the following tools to market your accreditation.
- Press Release Template (to distribute to your local newspaper on your accomplishment)
- NAPPS Certification Logo (to use on your website and/or business cards)
- NAPPS Certification ICON will be placed on the Pet Sitter Locator page by your contact information.
Benefits of Certification include:
- The knowledge that you gain will enhance your skills
- An advantage over your competition because you are a trained pet sitter
- The completion of the Pet First Aid course preparing you for emergencies
- The "NAPPS Certified" logo next to your name in our Pet Sitter Locator and the use of that logo in your marketing
- The potential for more referrals from vets, groomers, and other pet professionals
- The trust your client has in you because you invest in the care of their pets
- The enhanced skills to increase your revenue.
- Business Insurers of the Carolinas, provides liability insurance discounts for pet sitters who have earned NAPPS Certification.
Insurance Discounts - NAPPS Certified Professional Pet Sitters will receive an additional 15% discount through the NAPPS’ official insurer, Business Insurers of the Carolinas.
Re -Certification - NAPPS Certification is good for three (3) years. In order to maintain your NAPPS Certification status, you must re-certify by either presenting evidence of a total of 30 Continued Educational Units (CEUs) in at least two out of three categories listed below:
- NAPPS Service
- Community Service
- Individual Study
NOTE: If you allow your certification to expire, you will need purchase and re-take the entire certification exam again.
CEU's: The attached spreadsheet outlines accepted CEUs and can be used to tally your individual credits.
Request for Evaluation (RFE) - The purpose of the RFP process is to evaluate credit(s) given to a academic course, webinar, seminar, conference, workshop or event related to the pet sitting industry that is not listed in the current CEU chart.
Mail a complete RFE form & supporting documentation(s), along with $25 processing fee to NAPPS Headquarters - or email your request along with other supporting documents.
You may submit as many RFE's at one time for the $25 processing fee.
NAPPS will notify you within 30 days of approval (and the number of credits assigned to your activities) or non-approval of you RFE(S).
NAPPS Certificate Courses You can use the NAPPS Certificate Courses to obtain a few of your individual study requirements.