Being prepared will help pave the way for a positive pet sitting experience:
- Make your pet sitting reservations as early as possible, especially prior to holidays.
- Have an extra house/apartment key made for the pet sitter. Test it to make sure it works.
- Buy extra food, litter and supplies before you go away. Always buy a little extra in case you're away longer than expected.
- Let the sitter know where to find cleaning tools - vacuum, mop, broom, dustpan, sponges, cleaners trash bags.
- Show the sitter where the fuse box/circuit breaker is and where to find new fuses.
- Make sure your dog's collar fits properly and includes an identification tag.
- Is your dog used to walking on a leash? If not, practice with him/her beforehand.
- Let your pet sitter know your disaster plan in case of floods, hurricanes, blizzards, and other disastrous events. NAPPS has made this job easy for you by providing pet parents with a FREE disaster plan!