|The Pledge of Professional Conduct is designed to guide members in the conduct of business, which shall represent the highest standards of ethical behavior and humane attitudes towards animals and people.
As a member of the National Association of Professional Pet Sitters, I hereby pledge:
- To respect my fellow professional pet sitters and to treat employees, customers, and competitors with honesty and integrity;
- To refrain from saying, writing, or doing anything which would defame my competitors or bring embarrassment or dishonor to the pet sitting industry or the assocation;
- To operate my pet sitting business in a professional manner and to enhance the pet sitting industry within the community.
- To deliver skillful, safe, compassionate care to all pets entrusted to my supervision;
- To keep all client information confidential;
- To safeguard the client's residence by taking all reasonable precautions.
- To learn as much as possible about my career as a professional pet sitter so that I can provide superior service to each client;
- To support and encourage responsible pet ownership with my customers as well as my community;
- To continually improve my knowledge of the pet sitting profession by participating in educational opportunities.
I hereby apply for membership in the National Association of Professional Pet Sitters (NAPPS). I attest that I have read and agree to abide by the NAPPS Pledge of Professional Conduct, by NAPPS policies, and its bylaws. I also understand that misrepresentation of facts on this application may constitute cause for termination of membership.
- To comply with all local ordinances relating to the care and keeping of animals; and to obey all regulations, Federal, State, and local;
- Not to promote a product or service in connection with NAPPS without the written consent of the Board of Directors of the Association.